Santa Sofia

This exquisite, family owned Veronese cellar, dates back to 1811 when the famous architect Andrea Palladio built the classical villa that has, over time, become the centre piece of the winery, symbolising the excellence of Santa Sofia wines.

Santa Sofia’s cellars are in the part of the estate underneath and to the side of Villa Santa Sofia, which was known in the past as Villa Serego. Building of the villa began in 1560, following the plans of Andrea Palladio: it was commissioned by Marcantonio Serego, a highly respected nobleman who was married to Ginevra Alighieri. In fact, only a very small part of the grandiose project was completed and what can be seen today represents about one third of Palladio’s original design.

View as Grid List

Items 1-12 of 15

Page
per page
Set Descending Direction
View as Grid List

Items 1-12 of 15

Page
per page
Set Descending Direction
Copyright © 2018 Mondial Wine L.t.d. All rights reserved.