Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- Mondial Wines Limited (“MWL”) provides its service to you subject to the following terms and conditions of web site use and the purchase of products. These terms and conditions apply to the use of any website operated by MWL for the purpose of alcohol sales and any purchase made through those websites. In using the site or placing an order with MWL, you accept that these terms and conditions are binding upon you.
Description of service
- MWL currently provides users with access to a shopping service (the "Service") supplying alcoholic beverages (“the product” / “the products”).
- You acknowledge and agree that the Service is provided "as is" and that MWL assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, miss-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalisation settings.
- MWL do not guarantee the availability of the Service.
- In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form.
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or MWL has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, MWL has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse to supply any product or service described on the website.
- immediately notify MWL of any unauthorised use of your password or account and any other breach of security.
- ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. MWL cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to log out at the end of the session.
- Upon registration, you will receive a password and account designation. You agree to be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and for all activities that occur on your account.
- You agree to:
- MWL reserve the right to carry out identity checks on any registration that takes place on any of their websites. This is undertaken to prevent crime, fraud or inaccurate information being stored and to ensure that the persons attempting to purchase alcoholic products are 18 years of age or older.
- In placing an order for any of our products, you are confirming that you are 18 years of age or older.
- Payment may be made by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Maestro/Switch, Solo, cheques, BACS or CHAPS transfer. Cash upon delivery is not accepted. Products will only be dispatched once payments have cleared. MWL accept no responsibility for delays in the clearing of payments.
- All card payments are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to checks being made as are necessary to prevent fraud or other criminal activity.
- The display of a particular price on any MWL website is subject to change. We reserve the right to make changes to prices from time to time, including the discontinuation of special offers, and reserve the right not to supply a particular product where there is an error in the price displayed.
- Prices do not include delivery charges, which are calculated upon the placing of an order.
- Our standard delivery service is next day (Monday to Friday) to most UK addresses, when you order before 12am. The delivery charge is £12.00 OR it's free if you spend more than £50 of your own money (after using any vouchers).
- If you don't want your wine to be delivered next working-day, you can delay delivery. You must notify us as soon as possible by telephone to  or email email@example.com and in any case no later than one hour after the order is placed.
- Deliveries will not be made to PO Box numbers or addresses where there is no ready means of access, such as Armed Forces facilities or secured residential accommodation. Delivery will only be made to the address supplied at the time of ordering.
- Delivery will only be made to a person who is over the age of 18. We reserve the right to require identification to be provided which demonstrates the recipient’s age. We adopt a policy that identification is required from anyone that we or our delivery agent suspects to be under the age of 21.
- We reserve the right to refuse to deliver to any person who is or appears to be intoxicated or who is physically or verbally abusive. We also reserve the right to refuse to deliver if we suspect that the alcohol is intended for consumption by a person under 18 years of age.
- Any delivery time given is an estimate only and should not be relied upon as absolute. Circumstances may arise which are out of our control which may mean that our stocks are depleted and delivery is delayed.
- If delivery is attempted but is unsuccessful because there is no-one available to accept the product, or for any other reason as set out in these terms and conditions, a card will be left to indicate the next anticipated date that a delivery will be attempted. If there is similarly no-one available to deliver on the second attempt, the product will be returned to our warehouse for you to arrange collection or arrange a further delivery at an additional charge.
- Upon delivery, you agree to examine the product supplied and ensure that it is correct and as ordered. Any breakages, omissions or errors must be reported to the person delivering the product.
- Products are generally supplied on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Whilst we try to ensure that the products featured on our website are in stock, the presence of a product on the site does not guarantee that it is available.
- If a particular product is not available, we will notify you and offer you the opportunity of a substitution. You may elect to accept another product, await the arrival of further stocks or cancel the order.
Modification to Service
- MWL reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- You agree that MWL shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Returns & Cancellation
- Orders may be cancelled at any time up to seven days after delivery, but once the product has left our warehouse any refund will exclude the amount charged for delivery.
- You have the right to request the return of any product to us within 7 days from delivery, providing that it has not been opened or tampered with and is returned in the same condition as and when delivered. You are responsible for any costs associated with returning the product to MWL. Before returning any product, a request to return must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing the product being returned and the reason. Please note that some products are non-returnable because their nature is such that they cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or rapidly expire. These products are indicated on our website.
- If any product is found to be faulty, you must notify us as soon as possible by telephone to  or email email@example.com and in any case no later than two working days after delivery.
- You agree that MWL, at its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if MWL believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the Conditions.
- MWL may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice.
- Further, you agree that MWL shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
- MWL does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, currency, or reliability of any of the content or data found on their websites. In particular, the images supplied on the website are not necessarily of the particular product that will be supplied but are for illustrative purposes only. In the event that accuracy in relation needs to be verified, you agree that you will contact us directly for confirmation.
- MWL assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damage to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing any MWL website.
- In no event shall MWL be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage, or any exemplary, punitive, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind (including but not limited to lost profits or lost savings) whether based in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, which arises out of or is in any way connected with:
- any use of MWL web sites or content found therein.
- any failure or delay (including, but not limited to) the use of or inability to use any component of the MWL website.
- the performance or non-performance by MWL.
- the provision of or failure to provide services.
- any information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the MWL websites.
- MWL may provide links to other websites, resources, advertisements or sponsorships either directly or through contractual partners, but accepts no responsibility for these links and does not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of their contents. If you decide to access other websites, you do so at your own risk.
- MWL shall not be liable for any delay or failure to deliver in the event of circumstances beyond our control, such as war, riot, civil unrest, compliance with any statutory provision, governmental order or direction, fire, flood, storm or Act of God, failure of internet service or telecommunications provision that affects the performance of any of our obligations to you.
- Any complaints regarding service or delivery must be addressed to Mondial Wine Ltd, The Pavilions, 33 Brighton Road, South Croydon CR2 6EB
- In registering your details, MWL agrees not to share this information with any other company unless you have given your agreement for this to occur.
- Websites operated by MWL may store computer code (known as ‘cookies’) to operate an effective e-commerce site to track your selections and assist in the checkout process, as well as to prevent fraud. By browsing any MWL site, you agree that this information may be collected. If you wish to delete any cookies that are held on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory used for cookie storage.
- The use of any MWL website and any purchases made through them are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of that jurisdiction.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects your statutory rights or supersede any statutory provision.
MONDIAL WINE LTD, THE PAVILIONS, 33 BRIGHTON ROAD, SOUTH CROYDON CR2 6EB